Holiday Blog

What I did on my holidays

Saturday, April 29, 2006


Day 2

I woke up at 6am. What's that all about??? You know, that "Badabing! Helloooo world!" kind of awake that only happens when you're a guest somewhere and you don't know where the teabags are or how the telly works. Gah! The telly here apparently has about six gazillion channels and Andy isn't even sure how to work it so I wasn't bally well having a go, it'd probably have blown up or got stuck on the Military channel (yes, such a thing actually exists. God bless Americay!) or something.

At a more civilised hour Andy made me pancakes for breakfast, with maple syrup and strawberries. Yuuuuummmmmmmy! All that carb floored me though and, despite the massive cup of stupidly strong coffee I'd just drunk, I had to go back to sleep for a bit.

Yup, so far it's been eating and sleeping. For me this is a very good holiday :oD

In keeping with the American themed food it was hot dogs for lunch. Not the farty kind though, phew! The dogs are actually Pitbulls, I knew it had bull in it somewhere and my brain wasn't working yesterday ok? Grunt (the fragrant one) and Jake (the puppy) are lovely but I've been warned not to let Grunt lick my face because he drinks from the toilet. Eeeeuw! You don't get that problem with cats!

After lunch we headed to Children's Hospital for Andy to pick up some stuff from his work and visit his cousin. I saw the lab where all the piss is taken and I met a few of Andy's colleagues who all seem like a decent bunch. On the way I spotted the number plate above, I'm so easily amused!


After that we took a wander and went past Fenway Park, the home of the Red Sox baseball team. Ooooh! This is a big deal to Bostonians. Yesterday we watched the American version of Fever Pitch (which was pretty poor except for 2 testicle jokes) so I had an inkling of how seriously Bostonians take their baseball. Jebus! It's only a game!

Then we went for this famous pizza that I've been hearing about for weeks. The Aegean at Penguin Pizza. A massive expanse of thin pizza base with feta cheese, fresh slices of tomato, sliced black olives and fresh spinach. It lived up to its reputation by the way. It was absolutely delicious and I washed it down with Hoegaarden. *urp* JASON WHITE!!

Tomorrow we might actually get around to doing the tourist bit and I may take some pictures that aren't just an excuse for a cheap laugh - but don'tcha just love those!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home