Holiday Blog

What I did on my holidays

Friday, May 05, 2006


Friday

Back at work now. Harumph! At least I'm getting to totter around the office in my lovely new shoes. I did try to find a picture of them on line for you but I failed. Boo! They have been admired though, Suzie in the canteen threatened to steal them. Heh heh, a woman after my own heart... and my shoes it would seem! I can't blame her, I keep nipping into the loo to admire them in the mirror. Oh, they're gorgeous!

Anyhoo, back to Boston. Andy made an absolutely beautiful breakfast for me on Wednesday morning. It was pancakes again, with apple slices and maple syrup but he took the time to arrange the apple slices on the plate and stack the pancakes up. It seemed almost a shame to eat it... almost! *urp*

It's quite a trek to get from Brighton to the airport so we gave ourselves 2 hours to get there. Despite the D-line subway we were on inexplicably terminating a stop early we made it in good time and got me all checked in. I was worried the can of Manwich would put me over my baggage allowance weight but it was ok, I probably could have got a few more cans in there. My suitcase was fit to burst full of footwear though. Hee hee! We had a beer and shared a pizza and then it was time for me to join the huuawge queue to get through security and into the departure bit of the airport. I just had time to stock up on duty free booze and fags before boarding the flight.

I was quite chuffed because at check-in the nice lady gave me an aisle seat. However, this aisle seat turned out to be next to a tall American man wearing shell-suit like trousers. This meant that I had his uncomfortably warm thigh in uncomfortably close proximity to me for the whole flight. He bloody well hogged the arm rest as well. I had a big hairy nutsack of a bloke in front of me too. He immediately put his seat back as far as it would go (ie into my face!) and only moved it when told to by the stewardess at mealtimes and take off/landing. The movies on the way back were pish too. I was quite happy to see A Cock and Bull Story as one of the options but unfortunately the sound on that channel was knackered so the film was unwatchable. Gah! By the time they got around to bringing dinner around I was well cheesed off and the meal didn't cheer me up any. It was Airline Food. Yeuch! My annoyance lead to me trying to get to sleep as soon as possible though and the next 4 hours of the flight were happily spent dozing and listening to the radio. I don't think I drooled but I did fall asleep with the stopper of my travel pillow digging into my face for the first few hours. D'oh!

We got into Heathrow early at 4:45am (Gosh! I never realised such a thing was possible!) but it sucked because Costa coffee there didn't open until 6am. I decided in the end that coffee was probably a bad idea because I'd want to sleep when I got home. For some reason they failed to announce the boarding of my flight to Edinburgh until the gate was just about to close but I wasn't the last person on the plane so a few other confused travellers had been hanging around the departure lounge (a 5-minute scuttle away from the actual departure gate) as well. The flight to Edinburgh was fairly uneventful and also got in early. Go British Airways! I thought they had lost my luggage (With my shoes! My precious shoes!) but it came in on a different carousel because my origin was outside of the European Union. So I had my bags back and was heading for the airport bus at around 8am Thursday morning. The thought that I could have gone into work did cross my mind but I thought "Nah!" and headed for home. After a bit of pottering about I went for "40 winks" at around 11am... and woke up at 4pm. D'oh! I was back in my bed at 11pm though and slept right through to 7am this morning so the jet lag hasn't been bad so far... and tomorrow's the weekend when I sleep like a sloth anyway. Hoorah!

I haven't got any more photos to share with you at the moment so I've included a picture of a "hot dog". Heh heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home